First of all, thank you! Thank you because among the thousands of travel blogs out there, you found us and you are actually taking the time to read our About section! If that’s not a proof of interest and curiosity, I don’t know what this is!
Denis and I want to share our travel experiences worldwide focusing on authenticity, responsibility and self-awareness. Tourism, by developing in a sustainable way, can benefit to local economy and to the environment. We, as “green” travelers or responsible travelers want to guide you in giving you details on hotels, countries, cities we visited and what we found to help you make your own choices, choices that matter to you and the planet. And maybe you can also help us by contacting us and giving us your suggestions!
You will find on this blog:
- discussions on the topics of ecology and green tourism
- guidebooks on your favorite destinations
- reviews of hotel and restaurants (we always try to discuss with the managers before writing the review)
- suggested itineraries in various countries based on the greenest and most authentic experiences we had.
” If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” Wayne Dyer
Why The GreenPick?
The idea of a green travel blog was born during a trip to Vietnam. We traveled from Hanoi to Nha Trang by bicycle and during our journey, we were both amazed and shocked. As every country, it had wonderful and unique places, some of which remain very well preserved and pristine . But it was also striking to see that in some areas toursim is developing wildly , in a non-ecological way and without the much needed preservation effort.
Most probably all of you had this sentiment sometimes during your travel around the world. But what can you do about it?
We think that the most important action is the individual choices we make as travelers:
- sleep in a hotel which cares about its ecological footprint by for example reducing the waste or investing in led lights
- eat in a restaurant which promotes sustainable fishing and does not serve endangered species,
- visit – and by doing so – promote the natural and cultural sites which invest in sustainable development
- use eco travel gear and minimise your own waste etc…
It is also important to raise the awareness in our social circles about the places which have irresponsible and damaging environmental attitude.
How can we help you?
Curious? Concerned? Worried? Caring?
- We can help you make better hotel and restaurant choices
- Our itineraries will guide you to find the greenest and most authentic spots
- You will find plenty of tips to become more environment friendly
- You will feel happier, healthier and lighter!
- We can also support you if you are sharing the same goals
Engaged? Wildlife promoter? Responsible?
- We can help you promote sustainable tourism in your country or region
- We are constantly researching so we can support you in becoming greener
- Our blog is a platform to educate and inform tourists about good practices
- You can find here a place where to spread your message
Green? Ecological? Carbon Neutral? Fully committed?
- We can make a great review about your place to promote it on our channels
- As we love talking about good practices, we will share yours as examples
- You will find here a place where to get your message out
- Our audience is adventurous and neophile, so you will be heard 🙂
We often feel as pawns in a checkmate. What can we do to change our lives? What can we do to change the society? If those questions raise it’s because many of us are not happy with the way our society interferes with our values and principles. Showing your favorite restaurants and hotels green practices while also giving you tips on green traveling will help you make better choice and live a healthier and happier life.
How can you help us?
The GreenPick is the inspirational and informative portal for a better tourism. It is as a tool for everyone to promote tourist attractions, various sites of interest and activities, restaurants and hotels, that share best practices around the world regarding ecology and sustainable development.
We truly hope this could become a movement and help tourism to change the way people think of travel. I am so tired to see garbage on the beach, desperate when I look at an hungry street dog, I feel ashamed when I look at pictures of wildlife being poached or simply badly treated by tourists who want to make a selfie.
This is why you can help us, by becoming a greener traveler and by sharing as much as you can the better ways of traveling.
Cet article est disponible en Français (French)